Tailor-made ToursTailor-made to your specific interests and needs
If you have an idea for a study-tour tailor-made to your group, circle or college department, why not get in touch with us by clicking on the enquiry form below? We will scope your idea on request and while we can organise a bespoke tour for any number of people however small, prices become comparable with our 2021 Programme with a minimum of ten guaranteed participants. Tailor-made tours can be organised as a long-weekend, a short or full week, or longer.
Our participant range includes groups of friends, families, reading circles, cooking clubs, ramblers, educators and students, cultural organisations, NGOs and parliamentarians. Our subject range is both extensive and flexible as made possible through our broad and enthusiastic network of educators, communicators, local area guides and language specialists.
Our recent educational tours include one with the Holocaust Education Trust, a charity which does internationally recognised work raising awareness about the Holocaust,. The tour explored the course – and sites – of the Jewish catastrophe in Salonica and northern Greece. More recently, we organised a week-long field trip for a group of postgrads and undergrads from the Department of Political Theory, Copenhagen University. The aim here was to get to closer grips with the entangled political, refugee and environmental crises in contemporary Greece and the degree to which non-state, radical democratic action can offer alternative routes to people-empowerment. Both these tours proved vastly stimulating (see our blog page) More tailor-made tours are in the pipeline.
- The British in Greece in Two World Wars
- Jewish Salonica: the jewel in the Sephardi crown
- Icons and Liturgies: the sights, sounds and legacies of Byzantium
- Sun, Sea and Poetry: an island week of advanced Greek language and culture
- Thracian Gods, Oracles and Bees: classical Thrace and its contemporary environment
- Shakespeare in Greece: a week-long drama-workshop
- Alexander the Great: a Macedonian journey
- Forgotten Greece: the Ottoman legacy
- War, Coups and other Crises: a century of Greek struggle
- Greece for film buffs: in the footsteps of Theo Angelopoulos
- Greek sadness and Greek joys: a study-week of rembetika and dance (also can be combined with yoga)